We have another fantastic fitness studio featured on the podcast today: Through the Body, located at 1819 W Grand Avenue in West Town. Owner Stephanie Escobedo shares why she started this dance-centric fitness studio in 2016 and why creating a “fitness misfit” Belle Gang community was important to her. I had taken her Hellz Bellez class several years ago, which we discuss a bit at the very beginning of the interview and as a rock and 80’s music fan, I absolutely loved the strength training workout set to hair band rock! Stephanie is a ton of fun, and I know you’ll love getting to know her as much as I did. Enjoy this interview with Stephanie Escobedo from Through the Body!
In Stephanie’s interview we discuss:
- Starting Through the Body in 2016 and the inspiration for creating a fitness studio centered around dance
- The types of classes offered at Through the Body, including classes for kids
- A bit about their space at 1819 W Grand Avenue in West Town
- Stephanie’s favorite class to teach and a bit of detail about what to expect
- Challenges around teaching fitness classes virtually during COVID and other pandemic pivots
- Events they hosted for the Through the Body community both virtual and in-person
- Making sure they were COVID-safe once they were able to re-open in-person
- Why also building a community with and for her clients has been an important part of her business
- Itty Bitty’s Doggy Day Care – 1040 W 18th Street in Pilsen, specializes in small dogs – Stephanie’s mother in law
- Studio 836 – a nail studio at 836 N Damen Avenue in West Town – Martha
- Sol – 1651 W Chicago Avenue in West Town – specializes in smoothies and teas, great post workout fuel!