I’m so excited to introduce you to today’s featured entrepreneur, Joe Glorioso. I live in Ukrainian Village near St Helens and let me tell you, Joe is famous in these parts. Not only is he the man behind Joey G’s Mac and Cheese at 959 N Western Ave but he’s also very involved in the community at St Helen’s, Windy City Wildcats little league baseball, local politics, and seems to know just about everyone from one of the many endeavors that keep him busy.
I knew Joe personally from when my daughter attended preschool at St Helen’s and he also had helped my husband with a few construction permits while at his day job at Windy City Permits, so I was always curious to learn the story behind Joey G’s, given he seemed to be a super busy guy already! In this interview, we talk about his history in the restaurant industry, why chose mac and cheese as his featured dish, and the story around opening his restaurant and keeping it afloat during the pandemic.
He’s an all-around great guy and is just a pleasure to know and chat with. His passion and excitement for food just oozes in this conversation and he gave me several good chuckles throughout, so I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did!
In Joe Glorioso’s Interview we discuss:
- Joe’s history in the restaurant industry in and around Ukrainian Village, including his former restaurant Joey G’s Pizza
- Why mac & cheese and why he opened it where and when he did
- Splitting his time between Windy City Permits and Joey G’s
- Some of his favorite menu items
- How he fared during the pandemic and the three things that helped him stay afloat
- Opening the expansion storefront on Western on Valentine’s Day 2020
- Providing “Hot Meals for Heroes” for the night shift essential workers during the height of the pandemic last spring and other charitable donations his restaurant has provided
- His new microwaveable mac and cheeses, including his famous “Hangover” recipe
Joe in the Media
Joe and Joey G’s has been featured in a bunch of media pieces, including Windy City Live, Chicago’s Best, a super fun YouTube show called “Number 6 with Cheese” and more – check them out below!
959 N Western Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60622