Today’s featured business was nominated by Kim Bosse from Birch Road Cellar in episode 16 of the podcast. BottlesUp! owner Melissa Zeman is on to discuss starting her bottle and experience shop at 3164A N Broadway in East Lakeview in September 2019. We also dig into the types of alcohol she features and some of the virtual and in-person events she hosts in her space. She is a ton of fun and I had a blast getting to know her. Enjoy today’s interview with Melissa Zeman from BottlesUp!
In Melissa Zeman’s interview we discuss:
- Starting the bottle shop & experience in East Lakeview by following her passions
- What types of products and how she chooses what she offers in the shop
- Why she chose to start a business centered around alcohol
- Opening September 2019 and having to quickly pivot within 6 months because of the pandemic
- Events & experiences pre- and post-pandemic
- Benefits of virtual events, take home tastings, and other pandemic friendly events
- Getting back to in-person events
- Bringing the fun!
- Birch Road Cellar – sharing the love back to Kim Bosse, who nominated Melissa!
- Guild Row – co-working, membership club about creating good in Chicago and beyond that opened during the pandemic – Avondale
- Anderson Ganne Wines – small importer/distributor of wines – Rendi